Our Mission and Core Values
DUYA’s mission is to ensure that all children and youth have access to quality programs that promote character and cultural competence. We continuously strive to enter the most vulnerable and neglected neighborhoods where the academic, emotional, health and social needs are not being met. We also hope to build a bridge of resources that helps students leverage their strengths and find a sense of purpose that brings meaning to their lives.
Our strategic and innovative model helps students achieve and break the cycle of poverty. We provide wrap-around programming, in a safe and structured environment, that includes daily study halls, mentoring, push-in academic support and tutoring, admissions family counseling, leadership workshops, service-learning, community service projects, career exploration, college trips, and character-building with peers. We also like to expose our students to other workshops: natural resources exploration, global warming, environmental preservation, and STEAM/STEM career pathways.
To accomplish our mission, we partner with other local non-profits, such as the Los Angeles Public Library and Los Angeles County Parks and Recreations, to strengthen the resources in the community through the implementation of daily programming and project-based learning. We have an open-door policy here at DUYA where we welcome youth and children from all races, genders, and ethnicities.
Dynasty’s United Youth association core values:
- We believe that every student has something to contribute
- We believe in putting the needs of our students before our own
- We believe that team work and community support demands stronger relationships and respect
- We believe in having a vision that inspires and motivates others
- We believe in providing a wide range of services to help our youth succeed
- We believe that parent engagement is a critical component to students success
- We are passionate about empowering the lives of our community youth