Our mission is to bridge the gap between talented athletes and academic eligibility within the under serviced communities. DUYA’s Athletic Sports Alliance has every intent to support school systems with developing excelling student athletes on and off the field, in and out of the classroom. This will be achieved through weekly tutoring sessions with certified tutors, homework labs and counseling if needed.
Our inner-city athletic programs are populated with undeniable talent year after year. However, many of them fall shy of competing at a Division 1 collegiate level due to academic ineligibility. According to Jared Chester news article on high school sports, more than 36% of student athletes are failing with one F or more. We are doing our community and youth a disservice by developing them as high schools phenoms, without giving them the necessary tools to continue their student-athlete career throughout college and on.
- Complete Assessment here
- Once your assessment results have been submitted, our Outreach Committee
will contact your directly to schedule an appointment.
Target Population (9th - 12th)
- Boys and Girls
- High school Freshman, Sophomores, Junior and Senior student athletes
- Students who are in danger of failing, or who are academically ineligible
- Inclusive to ALL sports included but not limited to football, basketball, soccer, track and field, baseball, swim, tennis, wrestling, cheer and more
- Individual and group tutoring
- Pre- and Post- diagnostic test for English and Math
- Customized learning plans
- Implementation of collegiate academic goals
- Parent educational workshop (digital literacy and assistance with navigating academic goals)
Hours of operations:
Monday – Friday: 12 pm – 8 pm
Closed Saturday – Sunday